Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Looking Up

Despite my best efforts (or so I thought), I've been kind of a downer lately. I don't think I realized it until last night when my sister, via Facebook chat, said, "Rachel, has anything good happened lately?"

Oh, how embarrassing.

Let me apologize, then, to anyone who's seen me in my figurative sackcloth-and-ashes. Life's crazy and complicated, but it's not that bad. Actually, there are lots of good things going on:
  • The sun is out again.
  • I'm going to Boise this weekend.
  • I found two great pairs of pants at the mall on Saturday...and got them for $15 each.
  • Someone left a plate of warm cookies on our doorstep last night.
  • I got a perfect score on my "secret shop" at work last week, and now I get $100 (hello, new running shoes!).
  • I paid off a loan last week.
  • Last night I played my piano for over an hour.
  • Tonight is Zumba night!

There, that feels better; I'll try not to let my personal raincloud get out of control anymore.

What good things have happened to you lately?

5 comments:

Sven & Trin said...

Wednesday is Zumba night for me as well. I love Zumba! I sometimes have to ask Husband that question too, life is hectic. I'm glad there are good things going on.

Angie said...

I'm sad to hear you've been down lately, but happy to hear all the happy things going on in your life lately! I would bet that once it stops SNOWING and the weather warms up a bit, your spirits will brighten considerably. The weather makes a HUGE difference, in my opinion, and Utah's April snowstorms are just unacceptable. Good things in my life lately are spring blossoms and flowers, the excitement of the season change (I've discovered Spring is my absolute favorite), spending lots of time outside, training for a race which equals running a lot, and.... watching Lost. :) Now i am excited for the Utah weather to warm up for you, just wait, it will be glorious!! :)

Amy said...

We've been having beautiful weather the last couple of days and have really enjoyed ourselves at the park! And I got to go to the temple today while my family watched my girls! What a great spiritual boost to my week!

Amy said...

P.S. Don't feel bad, life is hard sometimes and it's easy to get caught up in all the tough stuff! You are such a smiley and happy person, I can't imagine you being down for too long! I miss hanging out with you Rachel!

Be You Movies said...

My friend! First of all I am super impressed that you got a 100% on your secret shop! That is incredibly hard to do. I am also really happy that you get to go to Boise this weekend. I hope that you love it! I love you dearly!