Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pooped but Proud

I did something awesome today, guys -- something I've always wanted to do but wasn't sure I could.

I ran the Provo Riverwoods 10-miler. 10 MILES! I've never run that far before!

I feel like the queen of the world.

Half-marathon, anyone?

Perhaps the best part of this is that I did it with my cute friend Andrea B. I told her about a week ago that I was chickening out and wasn't going to run, but she talked me back into it.....then using my unrivaled powers of persuasion, I convinced her to join me. We were both massively intimidated by the prospect of completing a 10-mile race, but we make good cheerleaders for one another.

This morning I WAAAAYYY overslept and it was pouring rain when Andrea came to get me. That almost did us in.

But we're not sissies. So we went for it.



And look how happy we are.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go ice my knees and sleep for a week.

8 comments:

Lauryl said...

Nice work! I'm way impressed.

Unknown said...

Way to go! It was fun seeing you yesterday!

Angie said...

Rachel, that is AMAZING!!! I am so proud of you! Remember when we were in school and you were thinking of doing a 5K and that seemed really hard?! You have come so far! You're amazing. And you could TOTALLY do a half marathon, a lot of training schedules only train to ten miles before the actual race. Heck you could do one next weekend! You're super woman. Wooooo!!!!

Teann said...

Way to go!! That's a LONG way! You have every right to be proud of yourself. :)

rachel garber said...

That's beyond my wildest dream, so I'm definitely proud of you! By the way, did you ever get an invite to my blog or even want one? I saw my name on your sidebar and realized I don't know if we ever swapped email addresses to make it happen. rachel.a.rasmussen@gmail.com if you are intrigued.

Mike and Alli said...

Good job, Rachel! One day, I hope to be as cool as you. As the New York Marathon winner said, "The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare." (That was part of my Young Women's lesson today... ha ha!) Anyway, nice work!

Be You Movies said...

You are AMAZING! And I love you.

J. Benson said...

Way to go Rachel! I like the idea of running, but then I go to do it and it lasts for 3 minutes and I'm done.

Also, I know you make amazing girl blessing dresses, do you have anything up your sleeve for blessing a boy? I really wanted a girl, just to get a dress from you. but alas, we're having a boy.