Sunday, February 10, 2008


I LOOOOOOOOOVE the BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice." I love it so much, in fact, that I put it on tonight for the fourth time in a month! It started out as my "background noise," something to listen to while cutting out my "Sunday Project". Before too long, though, I found myself parked in front of the couch, squealing like a little girl at every longing look exchanged between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett. What a sexy man, that Mr. Darcy! (Sorry, Colby)

About two hours into the film, Colby wandered into the living room and sat behind me on the couch. As is sometimes the case in the Hunsaker home, he began to complain about my entertainment selection: "What is this garbage you're watching?!" "This is stupid!" "I think I am losing brain cells!" "Doesn't anybody die?" Even with all of his whining, I am still convinced he found the show somewhat interesting -- he watched it for almost an hour!

2 comments:

Angie said...

men will never admit it but secretly they wait for every look between elizabeth and mr. darcy too!

Christine said...

isn't this version like six hours long? geez. and you're probably going to consider this blasphemy, but i actually liked the version with keira knightley or however you spell her name.