Monday, February 25, 2008

My Cutest Patient



This is Keelie, my patient from last Tuesday. She has to be one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen! She is four years old, and nad never been to the dentist, so I felt like it was up to me to make it a pleasant experience for her. She really liked my chair, I showed her how it could go all the way up ("Does it go up to the ceiling?"), and my suction (or "Mr. Thirsty," as many of us know him). I also made up names for my instruments -- Spike, Curly, and Chuck -- and spoke in funny voices for each of them. She especially liked Spike and would ask me to make him say, "Mmmm, Sugar Bugs! Gimme some more!" as he scraped the plaque off her teeth. She was so cute and giggly, that I got permission from her dad to take a picture with her. Working with her makes me wonder if I'd like working for a pedodontist. She was so much fun!!

4 comments:

Colette said...

So fun! Rachel, you really are so good with the kids! you would be awesome at a pedodontist!!

Christine said...

she was so adorable. i particularly liked her boots. she was stylin'.

Nate and Katie said...

Life would be so much easier for parents if everyone had such kid-friendly ideas! We've learned the hard way with Braden that all it takes is one bad experience with something to turn him off to it FOREVER. We'll have to bring him to see you so his first dentist experience can be a fun one!

Angie said...

i did not have as much luck with my 3 and 5 year old patients the other day! You have a gift!