Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Heart IHC

Today we got a 60-page print-out from the pharmacy, listing all 274 of the prescriptions we've filled there in the past 16 months. Time after time I've waited, dejected, in the Walgreen's drive-through for the little boxes and bottles I've come to loathe. Thus I was acutely aware that they'd cost us more than $5300 -- nearly as much as we pay for 16 months' rent. What astounded me, though, was this: Since May 2008, our insurance company has actually saved us $46,081.05.

Whaaaa--?

Wow, what was
I complaining about? And how much does IHC hate us? Because I don't hate them, I love them. They are my new best friend.

How do people survive without health insurance?

4 comments:

Christine said...

hahaha, we just don't go to the doctor. heaven knows tyler or i might be dying, but we sure don't know it!

i look forward to the day when we have more than catastrophic insurance.

:)

The Hodges said...

I LOVE insurance! I just wish that they would carry over our deductible every year...lol. Too bad baby isn't due this year.

Angie said...

We are currently living without insurance and it is kind of scary. I'm a little more mindful when I'm chopping vegetables, crossing the street, etc. I can't afford to cut my finger off or get hit by a car now! :) Weird perspective it's giving me.

Be You Movies said...

That is incredible and slightly scary. I really don't know how people DO manage without health insurance. We are so lucky. Way to keep a positive outlook rach!