Monday, September 14, 2009

My Little Missionary Man

I missed Swiss Days this year, and I was really bummed. I've only been once since we moved to Utah, and I was really looking forward to it. Other than that, I hadn't planned to go during Labor Day weekend; I really just wanted to hunker down in my apartment and sew. I didn't end up doing that, either. What I did do was way more awesome....

Andi and I took the world's shortest road trip to Boise so I could hang out with this dude:



My awesome little brother Matt postponed his temple appointment so I could be there with him; it was an amazing experience. He's leaving in two weeks for his mission, and I think I might die -- I'm going to miss him so much! I guess that means I will have to send him a lot of packages -- anyone have any good ideas?

5 comments:

Lauryl said...

Oh, man, there are all kinds of cool package things! My mom was part of a group in Georgia called missionary moms and they sent us great stuff for every season. Call me when you need ideas and tell Matt good luck for me.

Be You Movies said...

Rachel, I have a couple of things to say: A) You look GORGEOUS in these pictures! B) You can send him the best brownie ever made. I have the most intense brownies ever created, they are to die for! Just let me know :)

Kristen said...

Lots to say. First: your dress is super cute! Second: when I was in Boise a few weeks ago I ran into your brother at my parents house cuz he's been tutoring my little bro. on math. I told him all about where he'll be going on his mish. We live about twenty minutes from there and it's super pretty. Right next to the beach and the weather is in the mid 60's year round. He was excited when I told him that! And I thought I had a third to say, but I can't remember it now. Oh well!

Angie said...

You are BEAUTIFUL! Seriously Rach you look so great, so happy and gorgeous. I love your dress. Did you make it? (My guess is yes, since you're amazing.) My little bro is on his mission too! I sent him homemade chocolate chip cookies and I still don't know if they made it all right! I'll let you know if that turned out to be a BAD idea. :)

Hunsaker said...

i'm bad at sending packages. but where did you get that DRESS!!!!!! so dang cute. did you make it? I love it!