Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reconstructive Surgery

I have a confession: There is a box under my bed, full of clothes that no longer fit me. Old pairs of favorite jeans, the green argyle sweater I got for Christmas in 2006 -- why do I do this to myself? I pull them out occasionally, gaze longingly at the beautiful fabrics, and try to will myself to be ten pounds thinner. Still, with great agony I am gradually emptying the box; I'll let go of all the clothes soon enough, and some lucky bargain shopper will pick them up at the D.I.

Just let me keep these pants...puh-leeze!



I can't give them up. Never mind the fact that they're a smidge too short, and a leetle tight around my thighs. They've managed to avoid the thrift store fate on multiple occasions, and will likely remain in my tender care forever.

Of course, since I can't wear them anymore they will have to find another purpose in life. Too many episodes of Project Runway, and I'm suddenly an aspiring fashion designer....my favorite pants are chopped to pieces; what have I done?!



Ta-da!



That was fun; what else is in that box?

8 comments:

Lauryl said...

You are my hero. Next time I have clothes that I am thinking about sending to the DI, I'm going to mail them to you instead and let you work your magic.

Stacy Brady said...

Dearest Rachel,
It is a crime to keep a talent like yours from the world. So I have decided that you need to start a modest clothing store in Utah but I want you to have cuter stuff than downeast outfitters and modest tops that don't make you feel pregnant. Thanks.
Stacy
Oh and P.S. I can't imagine you being self-conscious about your weight right now since the last pictures you posted of yourself are adorable and you look like a stick. Seriously I was like, "Whoa Rachel looks GOOD." Not that that was a surprise since you are always gorgeous but I was like, "Man I need to do whatever she's doing." The end.

Deanna said...

I agree! You are one talented lady!!! I ♥ project runway, but you definitely have more style and charisma than they do! Looks FABULOUS!

I confess to have an entire CLOSET of things that don't fit...uggh. Can I mail it to you, too?

Christine said...

that's way cute! i love it!

btw, one of the girls i work with told me she talked to you one day (a while ago)! i guess she had to run to the bank and went to harmons.

:)

any luck on the job hunt?

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, that is awesome!! You are amazing. you should be on project runway. you would win. holy amazing sewing skills.

I also have a pile of clothes (old favorite jeans) that are just too skinny to fit. I also gaze longingly at them. Ah, those last ten pounds....

I should learn to sew so I can make good use of them. As of now, I just can't imagine getting rid of them. At least they're in Utah where I don't see them all the time. :)

Be You Movies said...

You are, simply put, TOO AMAZING! Holy moly dear! I love it! A) It is super cute and B) It is incredible that you can DO that!

Who: Kyle and Ariel said...

Rachel, how's life? I sure miss our study sessions (not the studying part but talking about life after school, eating your delicious soup and muffins, and singing "mac and cheese"!) You are so freaking talented! I wish I was creative like you; I can't even decorate my new apartment...

Hunsaker said...

holy moly! YOu are AMAZING! i would love to be that good!