Sunday, October 26, 2008

Santa's Workshop

It's officially 59 days, 11 hours, and 2 minutes until Christmas...but who's counting? Besides me...I am so excited for the holidays that I went to Robert's the other night and bought my Christmas trees (a couple of little artificial alpines). They are still sitting in my trunk, but since I can't decorate them until December I will probably try to work them into my regular decor until then.

Most of my Sunday
afternoons this month have consisted of me barricading myself inside my sewing room so I can work on my Christmas projects undisturbed. I've completed a couple, but I've always got at least a dozen extra ideas that I never get around to...it's hard being so busy! Still, I am quite pleased with my finished products thus far. I can't post all of them, because I don't know who all reads my blog, but here's one. This is the jacket I made for Steph:





It's a Rachelpologie, of course...someday I will learn how to design my own stuff, instead of just copying everyone else. I did make some of my own adaptations (Stephanie doesn't like 3/4 length sleeves), and used a slightly different pattern. St
ill, if you compare it to the original, I think I did a pretty good job:



Yay for Christmas!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the blouse! It is so so cute! You amaze me

Angie said...

quite impressive, especially when compared to the original! i wish i was your sister so i could benefit from your talent in making amazing homemade presents.

Davis and Laura said...

Oh my gosh, you are amazing. I still want you to make a blessing dress for my baby girl...when I have one and if I have a girl. Just so you know!

Ilona said...

As always..........AMAZING!!!
Sure love you.

Deanna said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait. !!!!!!!

I love your work! You should do design work! You are an exceptional seamstress!

Be You Movies said...

You are again, too much! You are so talented. I showed your work to my mom and sister and they too were blown away. I was proud to say that you were my cute friend :)

Hunsaker said...

okay! so i just saw the blessing dress that you made for traci's baby zoey! okay, someday when i have a girl, you are making me a baby blessing dress! it was so so so beautiful! I had no idea how good you are! i would love to someday make clothes, but i feel a little more comfortable with just baby blankets, which i love, but what an amazing talent you have. by the way! hi! how are you? and,......it's been along time!