Friday, November 14, 2008

BAH!

Anyone else had a mad week? I mean, like crazy, strange, exhausting...?

First there was clinic; now, I know that all of us are SO done with clinic. I think I was half-asleep during my appointment yesterday -- I flat-out forgot to clean the "away-from-me" surfaces on my patient's lower anterior teeth and consequently lost a good chunk of my grade. What about the Periodontology test? We'll just say that I've spent a lot of time on Facebook this week when I should have been studying -- I just can't concentrate!!! Needless to say, not my best work in that class. I'm sure Mrs. Knight got a good laugh out of my essays...I had no idea what I was talking about.

The craziness culminated today with the arrival of my loan officer test (dun, dun, dun...). I've been preparing for this for months, all the while dreading its coming. Wanting to feel my best for the big day, I woke up early this morning and got all "dolled up." I wish I'd taken a picture, because I looked and felt pretty cute! That feeling only lasted about an hour, though. After staff meeting I realized that my time had come, and almost hyperventilated all the way to Sandy.

The test was every bit as nerve-racking as I'd expected, and took almost the entire day. I began at 10 a.m.......seven hours later I emerged -- test completed, brains fried, hair totally flat and experiencing an unfortunate case of static cling.

I will probably be bruised from the hundreds of times I banged my head on the table in frustration, and thinking about loans now makes me a little queasy. But the worst part? I still had to go back to my branch and finish the day there...I almost fell asleep the minute I sat at my desk!

I will find out on Monday if I passed, so I only have to suffer for a couple more days. Oh well, at least it's over. Can't wait until I can say the same about hygiene school...

6 comments:

Colette said...

Seven hours! Wow! i bet you're glad that's over!

Angie said...

way to go! i hope you pass! i'm sure you will. :) that is like national boards, now i am nervous. you will be an old pro at the ridiculously long tests by the time boards come. :)

Ilona said...

Congratulations on finishing that stressor! Now do you have time to play????
Love you!

Unknown said...

I'm positive you passed your test, although it sounds like you've had quite the week!

Jesse and Stephanie said...

Did you pass? Did you pass????

Be You Movies said...

You are far too funny for your own good (or mine)! I am so happy for you though! That raise will be worth all of the seven hours of turmoil :) See you this weekend!