Friday, November 21, 2008

Confessions of a Busy Woman

One of my favorite things about fall weather is that I can wear my tall boots again. I've got black ones and brown ones, pointy-toed with high heels, important essentials to my cold-weather wardrobe. I can wear them with all of my cute skirts, and I've enjoyed doing that at least once a week since it started to cool down. See, I love skirts, but I LOATHE nylons, and to be perfectly honest....*sometimes I'm too busy to shave my legs.* With my tall boots and calf-length skirts, I don't have to worry about either! Not usually, anyhow.

Today I had a bit of a mishap. After hitting my snooze button for an hour, I finally got up to get ready for work. In the shower, I contemplated shaving at least my calves and knees, knowing that the skirt/boots combo was in the forecast. Unfortunately, with my lazy morning I hadn't left myself much time for anything beyond the essentials. I hurriedly finished glamourizing, then ran out the door, counting on my stylish ensemble to cover my shamefully hairy legs. As I ran, I realized how swishy my skirt was, and that it was shorter than I'd remembered, so when I sat down I had to kind of slump forward in my chair and twist my legs funny so no one would notice my prickly knees! I spent the whole day hiding behind my desk, or smoothing my skirt down and standing in strange, contorted positions so that other people wouldn't see...

I am shaving my legs in the morning.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Ha, Rachel, you are so fun!

Angie said...

hahahaha that is awesome. i think everyone can relate to some degree or another. :) i know i can!

Davis and Laura said...

So they sell this clothing line here and it made me think of you because it reminds me of athropologie. But it is a little more urban, one problem...its just as expensive if not, more! But we can dream, right? Check it out...www.freepeople.com!

Kirsten and Steve said...

You are hilarious. I love reading your blog! My confession is that my legs are lucky to get shaved in the winter at all :-)

Deanna said...

That is totally something I would do...hahah! Better luck next time, right? I love nylons for that very reason...they work well until you haven't shaved for a very long time...hmmm...My legs are needing some work. A week is much too long!

Traughber's said...

Im surprised you haven't posted! I expected to have alot to look at today while my baby naps! It was good to talk to you though! Hope to see you soon!

Be You Movies said...

rachel. You are TOO funny and now I know why you have been wearing that skirt with those boots! Even if, in the future, you did shave your legs, when you wear that combo I am going to wonder :)